Things to Do on Vacation in Asheville, NC
Travel throughout the area to find many quality tourist attractions and activities. At Cumberland Falls Bed & Breakfast Inn is only three miles from Biltmore Estate. Biltmore House is one of the most visited attractions in Asheville. With a wide range of activities from shopping, the theater, and fine dining to more adventurous activities like hiking, horseback riding, and whitewater rafting, there is something to interest everyone.
Arts & Entertainment
Attractions & Sightseeing
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- Botanical Gardens (within walking distance)
- Carl Sandburg’s Home
- Cherokee Casino
- Craggy Gardens
- Historic Johnson Farm – Open Tuesday – Friday with tours at 10:30 and 1:30.
Farm museum with historic buildings, nature trails, etc.
- Montford’s Historic Neighborhood
- Moving Sidewalk Tours
- NC Arboretum
- Smoky Mountain Railway
- Thomas Wolfe Memorial
- WNC Nature Center
Outdoor Adventure, Sports & Recreation
- Asheville Hot Air Balloons
- Asheville Outdoor Center
- Dupont State Recreational Forest
- Fly Fishing Half Day
- Fly Fishing Full Day
- French Broad Rafting Expeditions – One of the largest outfitters on the French Broad
River. Experienced and only 30 minutes from downtown Asheville.
- Headwaters Outfitters
- Horseback Riding
- Horseback Riding 3 hour Ride
- Mountain Adventure Guides – whitewater rafting on the French Broad River
and guided rock climbing.
- Nantahala Outdoor Center
- Navitat Zipline Canopy Adventures
- North Carolina Waterfalls – Photos, videos, and directions to many of the North and South Carolina waterfalls.
- Reems Creek Golf Club
- Tennis courts (walking distance!) complimentary racquets and balls
- Waterfall Tours and Hikes of Western North Carolina – Come hiking with us, and let us be your tour guides!
- Wildwater Ltd. Rafting
Hard work, grueling schedules and never enough free time make getaways priceless. Asheville, NC abounds with every choice of activity imaginable for our visitors. In order to make the very best use of your precious vacation time, this map provides an invaluable assistance. With our bed and breakfast as your home base, the rest is a mere click away.
If stress has become your ever-present companion, perhaps a day touring the many wineries in Western North Carolina, would strike the right note followed by an evening enjoying notes of a different kind while Asheville music rocks out. This, of course, after the cuisine your heart was searching for has magically appeared on your plate. Yum!
Better yet, no Asheville romantic getaway will be complete without a view of the majestic mountain settings and astounding waterfalls easily accessed off the Blue Ridge Parkway. That evening, the theater or art scene Asheville offers will ensure a great end to a perfect day.
For the girlfriend’s getaway, there is Shopping, Shopping and Ah… Shopping… and if all this retail effort makes you thirsty…craft beer is just another of the many Art forms in which Asheville excels. Anywhere, anything you want to do from zip lining through green tree canopies, touring Biltmore or achieving the golf greatness you always knew you had in you…Our map is your ticket to Asheville unleashed any way you like it!